Free, public wireless Internet access is available. Through this network, you can use your laptop or mobile device to access the Internet from patients' hospital rooms, waiting areas, cafeterias and other locations.
Patients, please do not use the network while you are in an outpatient exam room, or when a member of your health care team visits your inpatient room.
Accessing WiFi at Michigan Medicine
- The wireless network is called "MGuest-UMHS."
- Start up your laptop or mobile device, and enter the address of any Web site.
- You'll be redirected to a login page.
- Enter your last name and e-mail address, and click “Accept.”
- On the next page, click "Continue" and you will be directed to the Michigan Medicine website.
- You can explore our site, or go to any other Web site by typing in the address or using your own "bookmarks" list.
- WiFi connections made through the Michigan Medicine "guest" network are not secure.
- Michigan Medicine faculty and staff cannot use the network to access secure areas of the Michigan Medicine's Web site.
- The Michigan Medicine free WiFi service does not provide access to certain inappropriate Web sites, using the Web filtering software that meets industry standards.
- Michigan Medicine does not provide technical support for this service, and is not responsible for computers and devices that are lost, damaged or stolen.