After giving birth, a woman’s attention is focused primarily on her new baby, with very little thought given to her own health and well being. The University of Michigan Healthy Healing After Delivery Program is the first of its kind, offering support to women with postpartum-specific ailments by a team of experts who provide integrated care at a very challenging time.
The Healthy Healing After Delivery Program assists women who Experience problems after childbirth, including:
- 3rd degree lacerations
- 4th degree lacerations
- Episiotomy issues
- Fecal incontinence
- Urinary incontinence
- Difficulty emptying the bladder
- Painful intercourse
About 15 percent of new mothers end up needing treatment for various reasons, including leakages of urine or a tear that did not heal correctly. Unfortunately, many women suffer in silence, not knowing that something can be done.
The program involves physicians, nurses, continence specialists, social workers, physical therapists and more to provide comprehensive postpartum care to new mothers. We are available to provide services to any woman, regardless of where she delivered her baby.
The Healthy Healing After Delivery Program also provides:
- Specialized diagnostic testing within the clinic
- Experts trained in postpartum care, including world-renowned urogynecologists, who partner with nursing consultants and social workers to provide a broad range of care
- Individualized assessment
- A comprehensive pelvic floor muscle-strengthening program
- Counseling for women with concerns about their next pregnancy
- Prevention of future incontinence problems through diet and lifestyle changes
- Surgery, if needed
Make an Appointment
For more Information or to make an appointment call 877-462-6935.