Breast cancer and the treatment of breast cancer can impact a woman’s gynecologic health in a way that deserves distinctive attention by a team with specialized experience in caring for cancer survivors.
University of Michigan Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital offers a unique clinic focused on the gynecologic care of breast cancer survivors and women at increased risk for developing breast and ovarian cancer. Our specialists work closely with the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center to ensure a seamless care transition and collaboration among all of our care providers.
The University of Michigan is one of the few health systems in the country that has a clinic specializing in managing the gynecologic health of breast cancer survivors. The clinic’s leadership team is known nationwide for advancing a more thorough understanding of the complete gynecologic care of women with breast cancer as well as women at high risk for breast and ovarian cancer.
- Managing gynecologic complications of breast cancer care
- Non-hormonal management of menopausal symptoms
- Recommendations for risk management and enhanced cancer screening for women at high risk for ovarian cancer and other gynecologic malignancies
- Advanced and state-of-the-art surgical risk reduction procedures for women at high risk for ovarian and tubal cancers, with an integrated program to also provide surgical risk reduction for uterine (hysterectomy) and breast cancer (mastectomy with all reconstruction options)
- Comprehensive management of routine gynecologic care for women with BRCA-1 and BRCA-2 and other mutations which place women at high risk for breast, ovarian and related malignancies